Thursday 22 October 2009

New boss IS the old boss!

I know I said I was going to record all this redundancy/restructuring business but less than a week in and I have lost all interest. There are so many meetings to churn over the same old things with fewer and fewer attendees. The latest one I went to only served to confirm latent suspicions that those who have lost their jobs are already making plans for reinstatement under a new title. Now I understand why most of the lower ranks are reticent to speak out. It's all a sham. If I have to pay for a TV license in order to fund the appearance of a neo-nazi on Question Time, I know democracy is so dead at a macro level that there's no hope for the comments of small people to be considered in their place of work. I greatly disapprove of Jonathon Ross but his exploits seem trivial compared with those of Griffin. What standards must we uphold?

On a happier note, I have decided to run another of my one day writing workshops: this time, on the theme of travel. I shall advertise it here in the near future as, although I only have six official followers, there are many more out there who email me to say they are reading the blog regularly.

Cynicism and rain are relentless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can work out how to leave a comment you are a genius