Thursday 31 December 2009

Biting the dust

Well then, that's another one to strike off the list. It had some highlights: Killers at the NEC or whatever it's called now; Auschwitz in six feet of snow; Waiting for Godot in Bath (and waiting for Sir Patrick Stewart to touch my hand at the stage door); being on the radio for a whole hour in the local version of Desert Island Discs; Jordan and the birth of this blog; Burning Horses in Falmouth; burning skin and old friends in Provence; and probably the best Christmas ever at Holton Lee. Shame about the job.

It's New Year's Eve in the Twilight Zone and I am quite alone. Jack has gone to Swanage dressed in a pink babygrow and I have made an early getaway from the curry and scrabble-fest at my daughter's house. This time last year I was with Bev down in St Remy but I'm not in the mood for bonhomie tonight. Sometimes it gets you like that.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can work out how to leave a comment you are a genius